We are here to build lasting financial relationships one member at a time.
Jordan Credit Union was organized on December 9, 1950 with 17 members and no assets.
On January 16, 1951, the credit union received its charter and became a financial institution operating collectively for Jordan School District employees and their families.
Jordan Credit Union moved out of a Jordan School District employee’s house and into a previously owned Jordan School District building. Nearly a decade later, the credit union relocated its main office across the street into what is now the Sandy Branch.
Jordan Credit Union expanded its field of membership to include anyone who resides in Salt Lake County, Utah.
Jordan School District split into two separate districts as a result of the November 2007 referendum and Canyons School District was born. With the introduction of a new school district, Jordan Credit Union opened a temporary location inside the relocated auxiliary services building of Jordan School District to serve the employees.
Although Jordan Credit Union operates under expanded guidelines, the credit union maintains its roots, which is still apparent through school programs and participation. Jordan Credit Union continues to serve the financial needs of its members by having convenient locations throughout the southern end of the valley.
How can you join Jordan Credit Union? It is simple. Just meet one of these requirements:
- Live, worship, volunteer, work (or regularly conduct business in), or attend school in Davis, Morgan, Salt Lake, Tooele, Utah, or Weber Counties, UT.
- An immediate family member* lives, works, worships, volunteers, or obtains an education in Davis, Morgan, Salt Lake, Tooele, Utah, or Weber Counties, UT.
(*Defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild. This includes stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, and adoptive relationships.)
- Businesses, organizations, or other legal entities located in Davis, Morgan, Salt Lake, Tooele, Utah, or Weber Counties, UT.
- Employee of Jordan Credit Union.
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of Jordan Credit Union.
Once a member joins the credit union, he/she may remain a member even if his/her affiliation with the credit union membership requirements changes.